Monday, August 10, 2009

Yep, It's Monday

I got Penny and Alex all the way to daycare this morning before I thought to look in Penny's kit and make sure she had enough supplies for the day. Sure enough, there's only one test strip left. Sigh. At least this is a gym day -- I'll just leave a few minutes early and drop a new can of strips off before I go to the gym, just in time for lunch, and it'll only add maybe ten minutes to my lunch break. Plus it gives me an excuse to walk out of my 10:00 meeting if it runs past 11, since they really will need those test strips before lunchtime.

But still, not the smoothest possible start to the day.

It was a pretty good weekend, though. I met a couple of old high school friends for lunch on Saturday, and then that afternoon we took the kids to the park. I took the camera (of course) and despite continuing focus problems (I will figure this out eventually) managed to get a few really good shots.


(My pictures look so much darker on my computer at work than the one at home, despite them both being LCD screens... I'm trying to figure out which one is closer to "normal" so I know whether I need to adjust my edits. Is it a Mac/PC difference, maybe? Guess I won't know for sure which way to go until I get some prints done. Hmph.)

Sunday was a mostly quiet day -- I took the kids to the grocery store, Matt mowed the lawn, I went to Target to do the back-to-school shopping (twelve freaking glue sticks...), Matt did the laundry, I took a nap, Matt took Penny to the comic shop and bookstore... like that. Penny had a scary low at lunchtime (in the 30s -- but she didn't even notice!) and then made up for it by running high all afternoon and evening. Alex took advantage of any adult sitting down for more than three seconds to insist on having a book read to him.

I got tired of the unholy mess that is the kids' craft drawer in the dining room, so I sat down and threw out a year's worth of forgotten drawings and mostly used-up coloring books and never-read magazines and dried-out play-doh lumps and capless markers and and and... I segregated all the pencils and markers and crayons and stamps and stickers into plastic bags and warned Penny that the next time I clean out the drawers, anything that isn't in its bag is going to be thrown out, whether it's still usable or not. The room looked so much better just from that little bit of effort, I may start attacking the horror that is the playroom, even if I have to do it one shelf at a time.

After the kids went to bed, Matt and I watched the unaired Dollhouse episode (the season one DVD just accidentally fell into my cart while I was at Target!) and some of the making-of/behind-the-scenes specials. A good way to end the weekend, though it has me champing at the bit for the next season. (September 25!)

I didn't get much writing done, like I'd planned to do (a little Friday night, but not after that), but I did do some organizing of the Google Sites spot I created for the purpose. (No, the link does not take you to my writing spot. It's not currently public. If you want to see it, you can ask, but everything in there is still in flux. I'm hoping it works out, though, because unlike Google Documents, Google Sites is available to me from both home and work.)

But at least I have a spot, now, and eventually I will have a plan.

No comments: