Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Writer's Block

I need to make time to write.

I keep saying that, and I keep not doing it, and I don't know why. I have three or four stories that are planned out enough that I should be able to work on them. I have several more lurking in the background.

Last night should have been a perfect night for it. Matt was watching one of those shows on ESPN where they take all the leftover interviews and footage from last year's 10-minute spotlight segment and stretched it out into a repetitive hour-long special. I had less than zero interest in the thing, and it should've been easy to unplug my laptop and go upstairs to the bedroom and write for an hour or so. But I didn't. I played Portal instead. (The cake is a lie.)

I'm really, really looking forward to my Writing Retreat with KT, next weekend. If nothing else, that will help me figure out if the problem is simply distraction and willpower, or if there's some larger, deeper thing to be addressed.

No comments: