Thursday, September 2, 2010

Plans

I've got Penny with me at work this morning. A bit before 9, we'll head over to her school so we can sit down with the nurse and her new teacher and have our annual 504 Plan update, and then at 9:30 is the official start to the school's Open House, so Penny can find her classroom and maybe find out who some of her classmates will be.

There was going to be an end-of-summer party at the daycare tonight, but they canceled it due to the approach of Hurricane Earl. (The hurricane isn't expected to come ashore here, but we'll catch a lot of wind and rain as it brushes by.) Which means I need to figure out what we're having for dinner tonight, as I'd been counting on eating there.

Tomorrow, daycare is closed, so Matt and I will be splitting the day to stay home with the kids. (Unless the hurricane edges are worse than expected, in which case we'll all stay home.) And then Saturday we'll have dinner at my parents' to do all the summer birthdays at once (that would be Sam's and Penny's and Mom's and John's).

Shockingly, we don't have any plans for Sunday or Monday. Yet. I'm sure some will crop up. (If nothing else, this is the last weekend for the VA Living Museum's dinosaur exhibit, which might be fun.)

School starts back up for Penny on Tuesday, which means I'm back to a slightly later schedule for work.

But for right now, Penny's at my office with me, making pictures on printer paper with stickers and highlighters, and begging to come back here after the school Open House instead of taking her to daycare. It's actually sort of tempting. There isn't a lot of work to be done today, so she wouldn't be interrupting me much. Well, we'll see.

No comments: