Friday, September 24, 2010

Time Out

The weekend approacheth. Thank all the gods and little pink toasters.

We don't have any major plans for it, either. For which also, I thank a wide assortment of deities and whimsical household appliances.

This week has dragged. And I mean dragged. I had Monday off, and I still spent Wednesday evening and Thursday feeling like I'd been stuck in this week for months. I've felt exhausted nearly every moment I've been awake, and it's just fueling my loathing for my job. It was all I could do yesterday not to scrawl "I QUIT" on the walls in Sharpie and walk out the door.

I need a break.

But Matt's monthly D&D game is tomorrow night, which means tomorrow morning is my turn to sleep in. I'm looking forward to it enormously. And then I shall spend the rest of the day trying to do relaxing or fun things. Ditto for Sunday, aside from that being my turn to get up with the kids.

And hope to hell that manages to recover a little of my mental reserves.

But just in case, someone might want to hide the Sharpies.

No comments: