Wednesday, June 30, 1999

I did it again yesterday - I updated after lunch. So if you haven't read about my enlightenment, you should. It's enlightening.


K.T. came home last night. Apparently, she made a nuisance of herself by demanding to be allowed to sleep for more than 45 minutes at a time, so they decided she was strong enough to come home. She's supposed to be resting for the remainder of the week - no work, no housework, nothing strenuous at all - so her bronchitis has a chance to go away. And they've told her she has to go on a diet, and given her a stack of dietary restrictions as long as my arm.

But at least she's home, where she'll be able to rest.

Her father has made an asshole of himself by offering to compete at their diets - he wanted to lay a bet on who could lose X amount the fastest. What a jerk. Hasn't it ever occured to him that it would be more productive to just try to be supportive? Oh, well. I told K.T. that I would be her "diet buddy" and we could bitch and complain about diet food together, and swap recipes, and commiserate about having to eat salads whenever we go out, and celebrate the lost pounds. That sort of thing. We even have about the same amount of weight to lose, though she'll probably do it faster - for one thing, she's got a lot more willpower and stubbornness than I do. For another, because she's dieting to control diabetes, she's got better reasons than I do not to cheat.

But I don't think you'll have to hear me complain anymore that I can't maintain my diet at games, since we'll be backing each other up.


While surfing yesterday, I stumbled across a site which will tell you the Mandarin Chinese equivalent of your name. (All right, I know exactly the path I followed to get there, but do you care? Not really.) Because the name chosen by the program is based primarily on the sound of your real name with a couple of other factors tossed in, there are quite a few different possibilities. The name I liked best was Bai Lanzhi, which means Seeing Wisdom. Well, who wouldn't like a name like that?


At the Meade Hall Monday night, Ashby told us about an online comic that I hadn't heard of before, called Sluggy Freelance. I went and looked, and wasn't very impressed with the individual comic for yesterday, but I started back at the beginning, and it was pretty good. The individual comic hadn't been funny because I was unfamiliar with the characters. So if you follow the link I've given, I suggest you jump straight to the beginning and start reading it in order.


It occurs to me that I should update my Who's Who page, since I don't think Ashby is mentioned. Nor Richard and Carl, who I've mentioned before and will probably mention again, since they're in my AD&D game. Of course, if I listed everyone that I know, that would be a pretty big list. Maybe I'll rearrange the list to be just people that I talk about.


I've got a new design for July all ready to go! I hope you like it; it'll be up tomorrow. There's only one bit that I'm not really happy with, but unless I get complaints, I'll probably just leave it alone for now. See you then!

No comments: