Monday, June 14, 1999

I spent the weekend keeping very busy so I wouldn't notice how quiet the apartment was without Matt in it. Not that Matt's a noisy person, but I don't like to be alone, and there's something about knowing there's no one else there with you that makes it even quieter. Well, if you know what I mean, then you know what I mean, and if you don't, then I can't explain it to you. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Saturday morning Matt and I got up at just about our usual time to go to work, and he left a little after seven. By then, I didn't want to go back to bed, so I watched two episodes of Babylon 5 that were on. I made meringue kisses and tuna-stuffed tomatoes to take with me to the game that evening, and that was time-consuming enough to go most of the way until I had to leave for the game.

When I got there, it turned out that everyone except for Greg was in a bad mood, for various reasons that I won't bother listing here (why spread it?) and we delayed quite a while before starting. We thought about not playing, but decided that we needed to get into combat so we could work out our aggression. (Who says gamers don't have good anger management skills?) But then we spent the evening playing detective instead of just rolling into the combat, so the fight is still waiting for us. But I felt much better after that game, really, because I actually got to come up with what I thought were some really good ideas.

Sunday I puttered around all morning doing the laundry and going to the grocery store, then went down to Newport News. I've finally decided to go ahead and buy a digital camera, and I wanted to go to the Circuit City to see what they had. I played with the eight or so display models they had, decided on a model, and... Of course they were out of stock. Not only were they out of stock, but the other Circuit City, down in Hampton, was out of stock, and their warehouse was out of stock - all of which meant that I couldn't even special-order the camera. So I went a couple of doors down to the Office Max, without much hope. They did, in fact, carry the camera I want. They, too, however, were out of stock. ::sigh:: So today I'm looking around for one on the web.

Then I went to visit my parents. I haven't seen them for a few weeks, so we had a nice visit. We talked about the house and called my brother, and had a very nice dinner.

So now I'm back at work and praying like hell that I get a new project today, because I didn't bring a book with me. If I don't get something to do, I don't know what I'll do to fill the time...

No comments: