Friday, June 4, 1999

I had promised to think about running an AD&D game tonight, but if my voice doesn't improve drastically during the day, I don't think it's going to happen. There's no way I can talk for several hours straight - especially attempting different voices for different NPCs. So maybe we'll just hang out and make stuffed tomatoes and talk or watch movies. Nothing wrong with that, either.

I'm thinking of starting up a game of my own again. Now that people are living in the area, and they all have more-or-less regular schedules, it might actually last for more than three sessions. When I asked Richard what he thought, he even offered to GM once in a while. And as good a GM as K.T. is, I miss playing AD&D sometimes. But being a GM is pretty time consuming, so I'm still waffling a bit.

So last night I went to bed around 9:30 or so, and the cat curled up beside me and Matt, who wasn't sleepy, kissed me goodnight and then went back out into the living room to watch TV. Around 11:30, the cat woke up and decided it was time to go out, which has been his pattern for the past week or so. He got up and climbed onto my nightstand and started trying to get behind the window blinds, which woke me up. So I got up. The cat, knowing that I would let him out, stopped pawing at the window blinds and followed me out into the living room. I mumbled something at Matt, and headed over to the door to let the cat out. The cat walked about halfway across the living room, looked at me standing by the door, looked at Matt sitting on the floor... And laid down. ::sigh:: I get no respect.

Today is what we call a DressCon 2 in my office, which is to say everyone has to dress in "business casual" clothes. No jeans, collared shirts. DressCon 2 days are usually greeted with sighs of martyrdom around here, because the usual mode of dress allows jeans and inoffensive t-shirts. Anyway, I didn't feel like bending all the way over to open the pants drawer on my dresser this morning (yeah, I'm that lazy in the mornings) so I'm wearing a dress. I only mention it because it feels so weird to be dressed up nice but to have this froggy voice...

I brought a book to work with me today because I thought I'd be formatting cards again today. But I'm not. Apparently the formatting was mostly finished yesterday, so I don't know what I'm doing today. Reading my book, probably.

I'll need to stop by the grocery store on my way home. I need some cream cheese for the stuffed tomatoes, and some extra tomatoes won't hurt anything, and one of the mailing lists I'm on has been doing a recipe exchange lately, and someone posted a recipe I really want to try for Sour Cream Apple Pie. And since I've got a spare pie crust in the freezer, and Jeff and K.T. will be over anyway, it seems like a good time to try it.

No comments: