Monday, June 7, 1999

Well, I had a nice weekend. Spent Friday evening hanging out with Jeff and K.T. (and Matt, of course). We sat around and talked, and went to Denny's for dinner, and then sat around and talked some more. I made stuffed tomatoes and apple pie, and K.T. and Matt both had some of each. Jeff had tried the stuffed tomatoes the first time I made them and didn't care for them much. And by the time we got around to the apple pie, he was very full from dinner. I tried to get him to take some with him, but he didn't want to. I maybe think the idea of a custard-base apple pie disturbed him and he was just being polite. Matt discovered Saturday that the pie is much better when warm.

Saturday Matt and I slept in a bit and then went to our company picnic. That was fun, though I'm still congested enough that I didn't want to try doing any of the more active activities. It's too bad, because the frisbee circle looked like it was having a lot of fun, and I normally enjoy volleyball, and the weather was just about perfect. Oh, well. We picked up a little sun, so we don't look quite as geeky. K.T. had invited us to come over and watch movies at her place after the picnic, but by the time we got home, I was exhausted (Okay, Matt slept in Saturday morning; I was up at 8) so I just took a nap.

Sunday we loafed around all morning. We'd been thinking of going to visit my parents that afternoon and evening - we haven't seen them for a few weeks - but by the time we got the chores done, it was already almost dinnertime, so we just stayed home. A bunch of the pie-topping had dripped off the pie when I made it Friday night, and I hadn't cleaned it up yet, so when Matt made dinner, the whole apartment filled with smoke. Except for the fact that it made our eyes water a bit, it was pretty funny. And I made meringue kisses - and then ate half of them. ::grin:: So much for the diet. (I'm back on it today. No, really!)

I'm trying to prepare for his trip next week. He volunteered to work a conference in New Orleans next week, so he'll be leaving this Saturday and coming back one week later. It sounds like a fun trip, actually, and I wish I could have gone as well. A lot of the other people on the trip are friends of ours, so I'm sure he'll have a good time. He promised to bring me a present, even. But I'll be spending a week by myself, which tends to make me a little melancholy. I'll be spending most of this week trying to mentally prepare - figuring out what to do in the evenings and such to keep myself occupied. But if I sound a little depressed next week, that's why.

But I'm sure it'll be fine. It's only for a week, and unlike most of the trips he took for Syscon, this one is definitely not going to be extended at the last minute. Anyone out there getting the impression that I worry too much? Nah...

No comments: