Thursday, June 3, 1999

I'm back! I woke up at 6:00 this morning and decided my throat still hurt too much to go to work, and fell back asleep. I woke up again around 9:30 when the phone rang, but the telemarketer hung up before I got to the phone, so I went back to bed. When I woke up again at 11:00, I felt much better, so I took a shower, ate some lunch, and headed on in to work.

Even better, I'm helping Jeremy format cards today. Formatting cards is a boring, tedious process, but it requires almost no actual thought and I can do other things on my computer while it's going. Like, write a journal entry. Or surf. Not a bad way to spend my first day back at work. (And it may well be what I'm doing for most of tomorrow as well, which wouldn't hurt my feelings, because I've got almost a week's worth of surfing to catch up on...

So I'm not entire well (I'm still congested, and every time I sneeze it feels like a cheese grater is being dragged along my throat) but I'm back.

I'm a little hurt that no-one wrote e-mail or in my guestbook to wish me well, though. *snif*

Ah, well, nothing especially interesting has happened for the past few days, because I've been too miserable to do anything interesting for the past few days. We went to see The Matrix again on Monday night with Jeff, Jeremy, and Elizabeth. Jeff hadn't seen it yet, and he agreed that it was a really good movie. I think I'll buy it when it comes out on video. After the movie, we went to Denny's for dinner, which would have been fun except for the fact that my sore throat kept getting worse. (The pattern of the cold has been for the throat to feel much worse in the evening than during the day, for no apparent reason.) Tuesday we stayed home and I managed to eat a real meal for dinner, and last night we took Jeff and went over to KT's for dinner. We stayed up later than I should have, but we were having fun talking.

This Saturday is our company picnic. The company provides hot dogs and hamburgers and chicken, and everyone brings some sort of other dish - a salad or dessert or something - to round it out. I'm bringing an appetizer I once made a few years ago called Tuna Tomato Teasers, which is, essentially, tuna-stuffed cherry tomatoes. It's very good, but hollowing out cherry tomatoes is pretty tedious work, so I don't make it very often. But Matt offered to help, so it should go faster.

It might even go faster still - if my throat is healed enough for my voice to have recovered, I told KT, Matt, and Jeff that I'd run an AD&D one-shot game Friday night. If they're all willing to help in order to get the game started earlier, then it should go pretty quickly. (And I'm pretty sure KT, at least, will be willing to help since she's had this recipe before and loved it.)

And I just got e-mail from my dad saying that they've delivered lumber to our house site! Hurrah, they're finally going to do some more work on the house!

Yeah, I know it's pretty boring, but right now, I like boring.

No comments: