Thursday, June 17, 1999

My supervisor told me yesterday that I should be getting work to do soon. He didn't say how soon, but I have hopes.

But I hope it's not today. I'm completely exhausted today. I couldn't get to sleep until after midnight last night, and then I woke up at 2:30 with awful abdominal cramps that lasted for half an hour or so. All I want to do today is stare into space.

And get my diet back on track! Experimental cooking keeps me from thinking about being lonely, but I absolutely need to rein in. That, or undergo attitude adjustment so I can stay where I am without the self-recriminations.
Crusade was fantastic last night! Okay, the plot was a little obvious at times, but anyone who knows of my penchant for dragons will understand why I liked it. And the acting was much better than in the first episode, which I was pretty sure would be the case. Crusade Dragon

I talked to Matt for a bit last night. It sounds like he's working hard and looking forward to coming home. I'm trying to figure out if I can do any of the chores on Saturday before he gets here, so we can sleep in without guilt on Sunday. The difficult thing is that Sunday is Father's Day, and I was hoping to take my parents to see The Phantom Menace for it. But that means we'll have to finish the chores in time to get to my parents' house and then go to the theater. But on the other hand, I want Matt to be able to sleep in and relax Sunday morning. ::sigh:: Oh, well, it will work out somehow.

On the bright side of the universe, tonight is the last evening I'll be spending alone! Tomorrow KT and I are going to have a "Girls' Night Out" since Matt will still be out of town and Kevin will be at work. We haven't decided exactly what we're going to do, but the possibilities that have been mentioned include:
  • Going shopping at Pier One
  • Going out for fuzzy girl drinks
  • Playing with my henna kit
  • Watching movies
  • Eating foods that our husbands scorn
I'm sure it will be fun. We just need to remember to do the henna before we start drinking!

Hey, I've got a question for my four faithful readers! Do you think this journal could use work? If so, where? Do you like the posts but wish I'd acquire a sense of design? Do you like the design but wish I'd write about something else? Do you wish I'd quit writing every day and go back to only writing when I've got something to say? If I added a daily, weekly, or monthly survey in this journal, would anyone answer it? Would it depend on the questions? Would you answer silly questions more readily than serious ones or vice versa?

No comments: