Thursday, August 14, 2008

Penny had another box to open yesterday - a package from Matt's sister and her husband. (Clothes and a Superman toy, continuing the back-to-school and superhero themes...)

I need to remember to have her sit down and "write" thank-you notes soon.

Matt took Penny to the daycare's back-to-school carnival last night, and she had a blast. She came home with her face painted like a cat's; we made sure to take pictures before washing it off for bed. (I haven't uploaded them yet, though. Sorry.)

I stayed home with Alex -- he went to bed shortly after they left, and I had almost two hours of just sitting around and basking in the quiet and calm. It was nice.

After Penny went to bed, I did a couple pages of scrapbooking. All in all, it was a lovely, calm evening for me.

And Alex was good enough to sleep until 5:45 this morning, and he was in reasonably good spirits for most of the morning. Yay, cute babies!




Not much else is happening right now. I'm trying to decide if my knee is up to a walk this morning -- I think I pushed it a little too hard on Tuesday, but I remembered my wrap today, and the weather is too beautiful not to take advantage of it. Maybe if I just walk and don't try to run at all...

Lunch with Matt today, though he's stuck in a more or less all-day meeting, so it'll need to be someplace near him and relatively quick. Not that that's a problem, in New Town.

Nothing really on the schedule for tonight - baths for the kids, hot dogs for dinner, and I might try to make the cupcakes for Penny's party. That way they'll have a day to cool so that we can frost them tomorrow, and they'll have a day to set before the party on Saturday. (I don't know about anyone else, but I actually prefer cupcakes where the frosting is just barely dried on the outside so there's a thin crust you bite through before getting to the creamy part. It's textural.)

But if I don't get to the cakes tonight, it won't be a disaster; it just means I'll ice them Friday night after the kids are in bed. Penny won't be able to help then, but she'll survive.

No comments: