Friday, August 8, 2008

Maybe

I'm feeling kind of weird today. Like my seams are unraveling and my stuffing is starting to fray through the cracks. Like there's a series of mild earthquakes happening in my ribcage. Like I've got the parking brake on but the gas floored. Like at any moment I might burst into tears, or go on a screaming rage -- but I don't know about what.

Maybe it's PMS -- it's exactly one month since the last time I nursed Alex, so I'm pretty well due for my cycles to start back up.

Maybe I'm just hungry, and I'll be fine once I've had breakfast.

Maybe I'm just tired, and I'll be better when I've had some coffee.

Maybe it's that extra energy that they promise exercising gives you, and I need to go exercise some more to work it out.

Maybe it's legitimate frustration combined with stress and anxiety over things beyond my control.

Maybe it's a little of all those things.

Or maybe I'm just crazy, and the next time you hear from me will be on the evening news.

No comments: