Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So yeah.

If you've got me on your RSS feed, you may have already seen this; I'm not sure how backdated posts work with the RSS thing.

But I'm beginning to move all my old posts over here. From the very first post, back in January 1999. I've got about the first month's worth posted, and it's a slow and laborious process, because I have to hand-copy them all in here. I'm not sure what to do about posts with pictures in them, yet, either. I'm hoping to get about a month's posts moved every day or so, but even at that pace, it'll take me several months to finish the project. I've been journaling for almost ten years now.

(I'll have to think of something special to mark my 10-year anniversary. I can't think of a single project I've stuck with that long. I don't even have very many relationships more than ten years old, outside of the ones I was born with.)

Once I get them all posted, the plan is to go back through and put tags in, so I can search through them easier. (That will take much longer, because I'll need to actually read them.)

At any rate, if this is showing up on RSS feeds, I'm sorry if it feels like I'm spamming you. Feel free to hit that Mark All As Read button and ignore them; or skip through them and see where I was, back then. Wait for the "Why I Don't Want Children" post and chuckle knowingly. If you're not on the RSS feed, then you shouldn't see much difference, except when I forget to change the posting date and things show up as current, and the archive section of the sidebar will grow, little by little.

Either way - thanks for stopping by.

No comments: