Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Beta Max

Guess what I did last night...

Stormwind Harbor

Yep, I finally got logged into the Wrath of the Lich King beta. Of course, I spent most of my two hours trying to fix things like resetting my key bindings, figuring out what they'd done with the mounts, and dealing with horrendous lag. (And submitting bug reports. Graphics were glitchy, half my character's special abilities were borked, my mana didn't regenerate, and I found typos in some of the scripted text.)

Still, it was very pretty.

Sunset Flight

And I did eventually find my way over to the new play area. I did a couple of "go talk to the guy" quests, and one "kill X creatures" quest, but the new play area was so horribly mobbed that the lag made any kind of playing simply impossible. My computer locked up at one point, and by the time I'd rebooted and gotten back into the game, it was getting late, so all I really had time to do was hop the boat back to a less obnoxiously-crowded zone.

But the new zone looks pretty cool, and even the "talk to a guy" quests were obviously laying groundwork for some really interesting storylines.

Northrend Harbor

I'm looking forward to playing around some more soon.

1 comment:

Glossaria said...

Oooh, northern lights! That last pic really reminds me of Menethil Harbor. (Or that could just be that I'm spending way too much time going through Menethil Harbor these days.)