Tuesday, September 23, 2008

WoW beta

Hah! Got my WoW beta screenshots uploaded this morning in spite of Alex's fussing. (I'm not going into lots of detail, but if low-level quest spoilers are a problem for you, you might want to move on now.)

Try as I might, I could not get a screenshot that showed everything I wanted it to of this vantage point. To the left is the rolling tundra, with herds of grazing rhinos. To the right is a beach covered with ruins and wrecked ships. Over it all is the aurora borealis. The walrus-looking dude that I'm talking to is called a Tuskar, and he wants me to go down to the beach and kill the guys who destroyed his village. ...Um, dude, there's nothing but crabs down there.
Tuskar

Or maybe not. Once you actually get to the beach, your vision goes all wobbly and you can see all the Humanoid hostile mobs. They're pretty tough, but no match for me and Tinkerbelle. When you kill them, they turn into vaguely man-shaped plops of seaweed. (I couldn't get a decent screenshot of that.)
Strand

The tundra is covered with herds of rhino. Occasionally, the Horde zeppelin flies past.
Tundra

Here's my Death Knight, having a friendly chat with the Lich King. As I recall, he said something like, "Go forth and lay waste to all who would oppose us: torture their warriors, desecrate their priests, and slaughter their common citizens. When they have fallen screaming under your blade, drink the blood from their empty skulls and feed the rotting carcasses to your ghouls." And I said, "You got it, boss." (He doesn't really have wings. There's a ghost/valkyrie thing behind him, but I noticed that if I stood in just the right spot, it looked like he has wings, and I thought it was cool.)
Lich King

This one is for Karen, really. Look! New fish! (Why yes, for those of you who were wondering... I did tame a Corehound, and I did name it Tinkerbelle. I cannot tell you how many whispers I've had to compliment me on that name.)
Fishing

No comments: