Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Stuff

Another fairly calm weekend. We packed the kids up and took them down to my parents' for a few hours on Saturday. Penny and Alex both had loads of fun, and my folks had a good time, too.



We spent Sunday not doing much of anything - the usual chores, of course, but otherwise just hanging around the house.

I finally got around to watching Phantom of the Opera, which I've had sitting around forever. (Mini-review: All in all, it was okay. It might've been more moving if I'd been able to watch it all at once, instead of in increments throughout the day. But maybe not. I found the bad lip-syncing terribly distracting and I did not like the contrived back-story they came up with for the Phantom. He didn't need it. But at least the singing was good, and the changes they made to the score mostly made sense, in the interest of keeping the movie less than three hours long. And the costumes and sets were amazing.)

It looks like my dad is going to be coming over every Thursday to pick Penny up - it's easier for him to do that than trying to keep track of whether it's Matt's meeting week. Matt will probably still come home in the afternoons, he says, but at least Dad being there will help keep Penny occupied and out of Matt's hair while he tries to work.

I decided to go for it with the Lich King beta; I signed up yesterday and got my character transferred and started downloading the files. Of course, there's patches to consider as well, so I'm not sure when I'll actually be able to play. Maybe tonight. We'll see. I'll be sure to go over it occasionally.

And that's about it. This week looks relatively tame, so far, until Friday, when Matt's mom is coming to town for the weekend.

No comments: