Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Boredom?

I had an hour yesterday with nothing in particular to work on, and I thought I'd get my photo album all caught up, since the last time I updated it was at the end of July, and we're now into September.

Except that, apparently, I uploaded oodles of pictures to Flickr, but didn't copy any of them to my thumb drive. Getting the pictures back from Flickr was pretty much out of the question because my 'net connection is just absurdly slow in the afternoons (stupid corporate network; I can actually feel the enormous chunk when the west coast gets to work and logs in right around lunchtime for me).

So I... didn't do much of anything. I used to have dozens of little projects to work on when I had time, but now I can't remember what they were. Theoretically, I have a writing project I could be working on, but I can't seem to pull the pieces together in my head, and until I work out a decent actual plot, it's just a character exercise. (I do awesome character exercises -- I really do! -- but it doesn't really hold a reader for long if nothing is happening.)

I didn't even really surf around -- cf. two paragraphs up and the slow network.

I need to come up with some projects.




Having Penny take a snack at mid-morning seems to have done the trick! Her sugars were in range every time we checked her for the whole rest of the day, whoo!

(I'm looking at her chart from the last week right now, because I need to fax it in later, and we're burning through test strips like water -- she gets 5 shots a day, but we're checking her glucose level 6-10 times a day. We need to a) order more, and b) make sure we've got enough refills to get to December before her endo appointment tomorrow.)

Alex is doing great. As much as he's Mama's Boy at home, when we get him to daycare, he's all about getting down in the play area and babbling at his girlfriends (when I drop him off in the morning, there's always 2 or 3 little girl babies, and no other boys, and he's always so happy to see them!)




I made a crockpot recipe yesterday that turned out really well, so I think it's a keeper -- pork roast with onions. I'd meant to make potatoes with it, too, but forgot to put them in the pot, so we didn't have potatoes. I put some strawberries on the plates to fill up the empty space that the potatoes would have filled, and it might have been even better that way.

Penny even ate it, which is a bonus - she's a little picky when it comes to meats. There's a dish that we'll be eating again!

No comments: