Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oops.

Oops. I could have sworn I did a post yesterday, but... I guess not. Getting to work early must have discombobulated me or something.

Not that there's much to report, right now. Penny's doing better than I expected with kindergarten, and she loves doing the worksheets and working on her writing (which is good, because that's what Matt's doing with her in the afternoons to keep her busy while he works).

Her sugars seem to have settled down a lot, too -- she's been in-range or close to it pretty much all this week. So I guess we're chalking last week up to the stress of starting school with its new routines and strange people. She had an appointment with her endocrinologist yesterday, and her A1C was 7.6, down from 8.2 in June, which is fantastic, really.

Alex is Mr. Anxiety Mommy-Don't-Leave-Me at home -- if I walk into another room, he follows me just as fast as his chubby little legs can crawl -- but when I drop him off at school, he's all smiles and, "Mom? Mom who?" So that's good. He may still develop separation anxiety at some point, but it's not now.

Of course, the infant "class" at daycare currently consists of two boys and five girls, not counting the teachers. I like to make jokes about dropping Alex off to hang with his girlfriends. (Unfortunately, that means that if he winds up wearing someone's spare bib, it's going to be pink and say something about being a princess. I guess if he turns out to be gay, we can blame it on daycare sending him confusing gender signals.)

(That was a joke. ...It'll be my fault for not getting around to taking down the feminine curtains that are in his room, of course.)

No comments: