Friday, February 12, 2010

Sugared Up

Penny, inexplicably, has been suggesting that we all sleep in Saturday morning, so we're well-rested for the excitement of the day. Matt and I are certainly encouraging this line of thought, but I really have no idea where it's coming from.

Not that really sleeping in will be possible -- Alex will be getting impatient to get out of bed around seven anyway. But hey, if Penny thinks it would be a good idea to stay in bed until eight (her proposed "late" rising time) then we're all for it!

As excited as she is for this party, I'll be shocked if she doesn't wake up at 6.

Though maybe we should throw parties to keep her excited more often; her blood sugar checks were all fantastic yesterday -- hovering between 90 and 110, except for the 10:00 check, which was 140 (and it was back down to 110 this morning). Today probably won't be quite so good -- we have a deal with her concerning her lunches, and she earned herself a chocolate milk with lunch today (that nearly double the number of carbs in her lunch). And I don't know if her class Valentine party will involve food, but it well might.

I made the cupcakes for the party last night. Six heart-shaped pink cupcakes, and a whole slew of mini-muffin-sized ones. Tonight I need to frost them and make the gummi candy. And either tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll run to the store for the "healthy" food. And clear off the dining table, and hang the decorations I got. And clear some space in the living room for the adults who will be hanging around.

I'll try to get pictures, of course. See you on the other side!

No comments: