Thursday, February 18, 2010

Reboot

I need a reboot. My memory is firing randomly and losing critical instructions. I've got data corruption in my stored files. I'm spinning up during sleep cycles, which just makes me sluggish when it's time to power on. I need to shut all the way down, let all the little impulses discharge and clear, and then do a slow boot and run some optimization routines.

Alas, that takes time I don't have.

So I'm having lunch with Matt today, which I'm looking forward to. And I think I'm going to take Monday off from work and enjoy some me-time. Preferably out of the house. Go shopping or to the movies or get a massage or something.

Which is less of a "reboot" and more of a "shut down all applications and hope they release excess memory" but I'll take what I can get.

No comments: