Thursday, March 18, 2010

Talking In My Sleep

I spent half the night last night dreaming that I was trying to figure out how to set my dad up with a Weight Watcher's style program without actually having him join Weight Watchers. My big stumbling block was trying to figure out how many points he should start out with -- I know how many I have, but I'm pretty sure men have an additional complement of points just because they are men, and I couldn't figure out what that was or how to calculate it. And for some reason, in the dream, I couldn't find the information online or ask KT and Kevin.

Seriously. Half the damn night, I spent on this.

The night before last, I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to do some other fairly minor task that, in the dream, simply wouldn't happen.

I think I'm trying to tell myself something, here. I'm making mountains out of molehills, perhaps. Or making simple things complicated. Or focusing too much on tiny mundane tasks and failing to provide any real challenges.

Which is hardly news. But I guess it's time to do something about it, eh?

No comments: