Thursday, March 11, 2010

Weekender

Whoo, long weekend for me! And I'm hoping it will be an awesome one.

I'm planning to cut out of work a bit early today, if the schedule will allow it (and so far, it looks good). Tonight, of course, is the JoCo/TMBG concert, which we're going to with Elizabeth and Braz and Vicki, and which I'm quite looking forward to. A lot. I mean, a lot. No, more than that. Yeah. (Two hours of dancing, give or take. Maybe I'll skip going to the gym tomorrow.)

Tomorrow, Matt and I are both taking the day off from work, primarily so we can catch a nap, since we anticipate being up pretty late tonight. But a day off is always good. Even if you don't do anything exciting with it. And who knows? We might try to do something exciting with it! Meet people for lunch or something, anyway. (I don't know how many of our fellow concert attendees are also taking the day off.)

Also tomorrow, Vicki's coming over for dinner. Which is actually Penny's fault -- looking at the week's menu on the fridge, she noticed that we're going to have chili for dinner tomorrow, and remembered that Vicki likes chili, and asked if we could invite Vicki over. Yay for social life!

We don't have any specific plans for the real weekend, but I really want to visit my parents -- yesterday I officially signed my contract with Torquere Press for the story they're going to publish. And after debating with myself for a while over whether to share this news, I decided I don't really care that my story is the literary equivalent of a Twinkie (i.e., a guilty pleasure utterly lacking in any real value) -- published is published, dangit, and I want to celebrate!

(For my readers who like Twinkies -- I don't know when it will be available. The contract stipulates that they'll post it within 1 year of the contract signing date, and while I expect it will happen much sooner than that, they've still got to run it through their editing and formatting department, and I don't know how long that will take. You can bet I'll post a link here when it goes up for sale.)

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Heidi / Jack's Pack said...

Enjoy the concert!!! And then enjoy your day off!!! :)