Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day

Happy Fluffy Hearts Day!

Don't look at me like that. There's a sentiment out there for everyone. No, really. The Phineas and Ferb Valentines I got for the kids to give their friends came with teacher cards that read, "Happy Valentine's Day to an Eternal Optimist." The one I gave Matt had a bad pun in it. A couple of layers of them, in fact. (It was pirate-themed, and said "Happy Valentine's Day, me hearties!") I gave Adin a card that promised, if we were ever in prison together, to shiv anyone who dissed her. (The picture was a Victorian-style drawing of two women in corsets, one of whom was holding a small knife.) Braz and Adin took us all out for ice cream. (Though the rationalization for that was Penny and Adin's "half-birthday" on Saturday, not Valentine's Day. Still, everyone likes ice cream!)

For the kids, I went a more traditional "sweet and cute" route, and got them stickers and candy and little stuffed puppies. They were enchanted with the puppies and brought them along on the car ride to school this morning. I was charmed, until they started playing the Funniest Game Ever, which involved pretending that the dogs were peeing and pooping all over the back seat. (I don't even know which one of them started it. I was backing out of the driveway, and the next thing I know, they're both shouting, "Psssssssss!" and "Ooops! I pooped!" and giggling hysterically.)

Matt gave me three t-shirts (as my t-shirt collection was pretty much decimated by my weight loss): a Firefly logo tee, one with the Evil League of Evil seal, and one that says "Schrödinger's cat is dead" on the front, and "Schrödinger's cat is not dead" on the back. I think that's my favorite, but all three of them are awesome.

I got him a Poe t-shirt he'd asked me for, and some candy. And some other stuff, TBD. (To Be Delivered, that is.)

(Matt did not get me any chocolate, though, since he wasn't sure the discussion here on the blog was definitive, so obviously I will have to go out and buy my own.) ;-)

No comments: