Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wag'n

Oops. I crossed the line in the sand that tells me it's time to get back on the wagon because I'm not ready to fly without a net. (How's that for some mixed metaphors?)

At any rate, it's time to re-join Weight Watchers and actually track everything for a while before I expand out of all my new clothes. I need to lose at least ten pounds, and ideally twenty, before I go to Mexico this summer. (Ten pounds gets me more or less back to where I was before the holidays. Twenty gets me where I probably ought to be.)

But on the plus side, I managed to write at least 750 words yesterday, and I made some overarching plot decisions about the story that I think will both help it flow better and let it fit a little more snugly into its market. I think. I hope. I'm also considering a major re-write of the first chapter, which is way too long and possibly a little over-the-top.

What else? Nothing, really. That's all I've got. We're having one of those freakishly early spring days -- it's warm (really, it's already in the 60s) and rainy and all I want to do is curl up with a blanket and nap. If we get any groundhogs here, they'll be predicting an early spring, because there aren't any shadows. But tomorrow it will be back in the 40s, so what do the groundhogs know, anyway?

No comments: