Friday, February 4, 2011

Waiting for Five

It's looking like a cold and rainy weekend, followed by a cold (if mostly sunny) week.

But for a change, we don't have anything much on the schedule. Penny's got her swim lesson Saturday morning, and Matt has his D&D game Saturday night. That's it.

I'm hoping to keep my good writing streak going, if I can. I've got about four more chapters to write and one bit of rewriting to do before it'll be time to sit down and read it all the way through with my red pen in hand, so I'm feeling pretty good about this one. If I can keep going the way I have been, I might even have it done by the end of the month!

Though we'll see. Next week is looking mildly crazy at work (it was already a heavy week, and then several things that were scheduled for this week got postponed to next week -- including two software deliveries), and that always seems to interfere with the way my brain functions. I have trouble changing gears, I guess. Well, I won't get any better without practice, will I?

The other thing I'm hoping is not to fall off the diet wagon. I've been doing pretty good, but being at home is more dangerous than being at work, and Saturday is eat-out/take-out night (well, since it's Matt's D&D day, we'll probably swap it, but the fact remains that at least one meal this weekend will be eaten from a restaurant) and that's always dangerous, too. Especially since I don't have a very solid grasp on estimating points with the new system, yet.

Yep, the Super Bowl is Sunday, but Matt and I are not football fans, and the game isn't until fairly late in the evening, which combined with the kids makes the notion of just using it as an excuse to hang out with friends kind of unworkable, so we'll probably mostly just ignore it, aside from whatever leaks through on Twitter. We have enough friends who are big Steelers fans that I expect we'll find out the end result soon enough. And then I'll check YouTube for the good commercials.

But it's a weekend and it's not work, and I'm looking forward to it. Huzzah!

No comments: