Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bats

The title doesn't mean anything. I just couldn't think of one, so I decided I'd just go with the first word to come to mind, and my eye fell on the little Batman bat sticker Penny put on my hand this morning.

I have a suspicion that Penny's going to be a bit touchy today; she didn't get to sleep last night until around 11pm, and she was in our room at 5:45 this morning. (I did send her back to her room, but I doubt she actually went to sleep.)

Alex was awake at 5:45, too, but not fussing. I wouldn't even have known he was awake if Penny hadn't woken me -- I could hear his breathing on the baby monitor, and its force and rhythm told me he wasn't sleeping (I can't hear him breathing at all when he's sleeping, usually) but he wasn't fussing. He wasn't even talking. Just laying there, apparently, looking at the pictures on his crib bumper.

I suspect today is going to be a bit frustrating at work; we're doing this weird release to make up for an earlier release but neither one has been by the book and... oh, the heck with it. It's frustrating and stupid and I actually kind of hope we don't win the bid for the follow-on work on this project, even though the technology part of it is so cool, because the management needs to seriously be beaten with sticks. Big ones. With nails in them.

But today is Thursday, which means I'm meeting Matt for lunch. A bright spot in my day.

I went to see my doctor about my knee again yesterday, and if I'd known he was just going to refer me to another doctor, I would've just asked for the info over the phone. Instead, I sat around in the waiting room for more than an hour past my appointment time, finally saw the doctor, and he just confirmed that it was bursitis and promised to have this other doctor's office call me today to set up an appointment. Argh. I want this taken care of! The weather is so beautiful, I want to go for walks. I want to go up stairs without having to lean on the wall like a crutch. I want to sit on the floor to play with Alex without wondering if I'm going to be able to get back up again. Argh!

...So apparently I'm feeling kind of crabby today. Didn't realize it until just now. I think I'm going to go have some coffee and try to regain some balance and focus. Maybe I will post again later.

No comments: