Friday, May 16, 2008

Surreal

An interesting side-effect of exhaustion is a sort of super-alert state where I notice everything. Everything. My physical reactions are degraded, so noticing everything doesn't do me any good, but I'm moving around in a near-surrealistic universe where I spot ladybugs on pieces of grass on the side of the road as I drive by at 55 MPH. The world looks like it's been run through a high-contrast filter a few times.

I nearly missed my exit for work because I'd never actually looked at the sign, and having noticed it this morning made it look so unfamiliar that I was, for a few seconds, not sure I was in the right place.

I'm a little twitchy about the feel of my hair on my skin anyway, but right now I'm so sensitive to touch that I'm about to take my earrings out because the feel of them swinging back and forth as they dangle is too distracting. Gods only know what it's going to feel like when I pump.




Hoping for a good weekend. Saturday, Braz is throwing a shindig. Matt is going and taking Penny, because she adores her "Uncle" Braz. Alex and I may go, depending on his mood -- it's a late afternoon/early evening thing, which puts it on the edge of Alex's fusstime.

Sunday is Ray-Ray's birthday party. That'll be at Penny's favorite park, and it's Batman-themed, so she should have a great time.

Our weekends are filling up again already. Next weekend, Penny and I are getting our hair cut, and then Chuck and Anita are hosting another game day. (No, we don't have any plans for Memorial Day yet, though I expect we'll essentially relocate to my parents' for part of it.) The weekend after that is Matt's D&D game, and I think the weekend after that I'm going down to hang out with K.T. at the Norfolk Botanical Garden.

No comments: