Monday, May 19, 2008

Heeeeere, Feeshy Feeshy Feeshy...

Tonight was my second attempt at cooking fish, and I'm feeling pretty danged successful about it.

This time, I made tuna. Specifically, this recipe for teriyaki tuna steaks. (I followed it pretty precisely, except I only used half the garlic, and I broiled the tuna instead of grilling it.)

I got ambitious about the side items, as well. When I put the tuna back in for its final few minutes under the broiler, I added pineapple rings (fresh would've been better, but we don't eat it that often) and some halved tomatoes which I also brushed with the sauce. I also microwaved some edamame.

It made for a colorful plate (I wish I'd stopped to take pictures before we sat down to devour it), and the flavors all blended perfectly. Matt was enthusiastic, and Penny was at least willing to eat the amount we told her she had to eat in order to get dessert.

And when Penny was done, there was a slab of tuna steak left on her plate that was two or maybe three ounces -- not quite enough for a meal, but far too much to toss. There was also most of a tomato half that she hadn't eaten. I considered eating it myself, but I was already full from my own dinner.

So I chopped it all up, and tomorrow for lunch, I'm having the poshest tuna salad I've ever had. (Complete with some fancy pita chips to scoop it up.)

Ladies and gentlemen... we have another winner.

No comments: