Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Deux

Yesterday really felt like a Friday. I went out to lunch, then wandered into Bath and Body Works to pick up some new shower gel (and left, naturally, with more than I'd planned to buy -- but! sparkles!) and we got all the work stuff out of the way, and just as I was thinking, "Ah, what a nice start to the weekend," I realized that I had to come back to work the next day.

Crap.

But! I finished the rough draft of the story I've been working on for the last six weeks, and put out the call for beta readers! (And even got a couple of volunteers already, which is nice -- the more beta readers I can get, the better the overall feedback. If multiple people complain about the same thing, it's more likely to be an actual problem and not just one person's hangup.)

So I'll be doing my own final read-through in the next couple of days (depending on how much interruption the weekend's social activities provide) and then sending it to a few people for comments, and hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be able to toss it over the fence as an actual submission.

Which means I need to figure out what my next project will be. As I was falling asleep last night, I had a notion to radically re-work another story I've started and stopped on several times. I'm thinking of throwing away the entire core situation -- it was a little too contrived and required way too much setup -- and starting over with something more organic. I think it could work; I'll start making notes today before I forget about it.

So, here I am. It's Friday. (Again, says my brain.)

Charge!

No comments: