Thursday, March 3, 2011

Loading Up

Lots to do, lots to do.

Work has been unexpectedly busy, and it looks like it will remain so for the next couple of weeks. That's good, mind you -- I get nervous if we're too slow for too long.

I've got lots to do at home, too. I'm trying to clean up a story so I can submit it; I'm considering what my next writing project will be; I've got 3 big proofreading projects in the queue (apparently I've acquired something of a reputation with TQ's primary editors as being the proofer to call on when schedules get tight). I still need to finish our taxes and send that off (though since we owe, I'm not in a big hurry to do that). I've got several appointments to make that I keep procrastinating on. Penny wants me to fix a hole in her blanket, and I haven't touched my scrapbooking stuff in months -- I'm still not even halfway through 2010.

Social life is burgeoning at the moment, too -- I'm meeting Matt for lunch today, we're having Vicki over for dinner tomorrow (I swear to god, every time Penny sees "chili" on the menu, she thinks it has to be served with a side order of Vicki), and Matt's brother and sister-in-law are coming down to visit us over the weekend. Oh, and Penny has a birthday party on Sunday that I really really really need to remember to RSVP for tonight. And I still haven't ordered the book for this month's book club. (Hoping it will not be one of the stupid books that is cheaper in paperback than on Kindle...)

It's all good stuff, it's just crazybusy. I may get to the end of the month and need to spend a few days locked in the bedroom pretending to be a lump.

No comments: