Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Green

I rolled out of bed with the alarm this morning, like usual. Half-asleep, I went through the usual morning ritual. I was brushing my teeth when a wave of nausea swamped me. I rinsed out the toothpaste as fast as I could and sat down on the toilet to breathe. A moment later, still queasy, I thought it might be prudent to sit on the side of the tub instead. Just in case.

I didn't throw up, but it was a few minutes before I was able to stand up and leave the room. I decided to skip my morning workout. I'm not regretting that decision, either, because I spent the whole rest of the morning feeling... not quite nauseous, but a little wobbly, like I could be nauseous any second.

Matt was trying to talk me into calling in sick, but I'm still scraping together vacation time so I can go to Mexico in August and Chicago in December without violating my emergency buffer. I don't want to take time off unless I'm actually sick.

I'm feeling a little better now, though. I'm not sure if I'll be attempting the gym at lunchtime, but at least the thought of eating breakfast isn't making me queasy. It's supposed to be a really nice day, so maybe I'll just change my shoes and walk around the office park a couple of times. At least then if I take a turn for the worse, I can short-cut back to the office fairly quickly.

***

Matt reminded me last night that our anniversary is in a little less than a month. (He got a real kick out of it, too, because I had completely forgotten, and when he mentioned it, I went into a bug-eyed flailex maneuver for a while.)

Once I'd recovered and dusted off my dignity, I looked at the calendar, hoping to spot a convenient day for us to tag some friends to babysit so we could have a nice evening out together.

Alas. Our anniversary is on a Monday. The weekend immediately preceding is already booked (and possibly even double-booked). The weekend before that is booked. The weekend after our anniversary is Easter, so... kind of booked.

So we're thinking we'll probably just end up taking a day off from work together, which we've done before. But that doesn't settle the question of what we'll do. Gotta be something that we can be done with and home by 2:30 or 3 so we can pick Penny up from school. Want it to be something a little unusual so we're not just frittering the day away on reading and WoW. The last time we did this, we went to Busch Gardens, but that was when Penny was in preschool and could stay at daycare until 4 or 5.

Suggestions or ideas welcome...

No comments: