Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crazy Sock Day

Happy Crazy Sock Day!

Or so Penny proclaimed it, this morning, when she came into our room with one lavender sock and one pale teal sock on her feet.

Weirdly, both socks matched the pants she was wearing, so I let it go. What the heck!

She was a little disappointed that I gave Alex matching socks, but told her it was because he likes to pull them off -- matching socks will make it easier for his teachers to figure out whose they are.

She also tried to talk Matt into joining her on Crazy Sock Day, but as Matt's sock drawer is full of 100% identical socks (barring, I think, two pairs of black socks that he keeps for weddings and the like) he couldn't really help her out.




Also, a tiny announcement. A revelation: I've been on Weight Watchers, more or less in secret, for the last three months. As of this morning, I've officially lost 10% of my starting weight, which was my first major goal, and the point at which I'd decided I would stop trying to keep it a secret.

I've cluttered my journal with my diet-moanings before, and I hate reading through those entries, so I'm not going to do it this time. I'll mention occasional triumphs, probably, but I plan to keep the bitching and moaning and other diet discussion over on the blog that I started for that purpose. If you like reading that sort of thing, it's here, and if you don't, then by all means, just stay over here for the usual everyday stuff.

No comments: