Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekender

Nice, quiet weekend, with nothing in particular on the schedule. We ran errands and played with the kids and generally relaxed.


Alex tried on Penny's hat. He looked pretty suave for a while, but it kept falling down and engulfing his entire head.


Penny decided, after six months of just looking at it, that she was ready to try riding her bike. The seat was too low and the tires underinflated, but she managed to ride it all the way up to her school and back!


(We played on the playground for a while before heading back, of course.)

I walked with her, and was pleased to note that my knee didn't give me too much trouble along the way, but the next day it hurt so bad I could barely stand up, nevermind walk. Sigh. So much for my tentative plan to start walking once a week or so.

We went to Chick-fil-A for dinner, and that went pretty well. Penny got to play on the playground some while Alex was finishing up his dinner, and we even left before Alex got fussy!


Sunday was bath night, of course. Penny got hers first, but Alex crawled up the stairs after her -- well, after the water, I think. He loves reaching over the side of the tub to splash and play with the bubbles.

All in all -- the kids were cute and (mostly) good, the activities were fun, and we got our turns sleeping in: I call it a win!

No comments: