Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Whatnot

Karen got Matt a Whatnot for Christmas. Or, more precisely, a Whatnot kit. Which, given Matt's adoration of the Muppets, was a fabulous idea, and I'm still kicking myself that it wasn't my idea.

Anyway, Matt wasted little time in building his Whatnot and placing the order, and it arrived yesterday.



Penny wanted to know what his name was, and Matt said he hadn't picked one yet. Though Braz had commented on his resemblance to Dr. Brown in the Back To the Future movies.

"He looks like a doctor, or maybe a professor," I said. And so it wasn't long before I'd started calling him Professor Whatnot. Though that's only a temporary moniker, until Matt decides on something more permanent.

Alex was curious about Professor Whatnot, but mostly just wanted to play with the drawstring from his bag. Penny was fascinated, though, and wanted to have endless conversations.

"I had a juice box," she told the Professor.

"Oh, really?" the Professor wheezed. "I almost invented the juice box."

"...Really?"

Also, Penny's toy horse apparently mistook Professor Whatnot's nose for a carrot and got very excited and chased him around a bit.

All in all: two thumbs up!

No comments: