Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday Muddle

I hate Mondays.

I get to work at 8:30, and have half an hour to get myself organized and eat breakfast before I have a meeting at 9, which usually adds several things to my to-do plate.

Then I have another hour to try to finish getting organized before having a meeting at 11, which more often than not runs over an hour.

Then I'm going to the gym, and coming back and bolting down my lunch so I can try to do something more or less productive with my afternoon, which doesn't happen very often. (Alternately, I can bolt down my lunch and then head out to get my allergy shot. Either way, it's a solid hour or more down the tubes. Maybe when I go to the gym I should take my lunch with me and eat in the car on the way back.)

I spend every Monday feeling like I'm not accomplishing anything. Getting a semi-coherent blog post up is kind of a toss-up, and finishing anything more involved than an email is pretty much out of the question. Which is weird, because in theory, I have several solid hours to work in the afternoons, but the pattern of the morning seems to set the tone for the whole rest of my day, and it just falls apart. Maybe that's something for me to work on, since it's pretty much the only part of the schedule that's under my control.

Of course today, because the holidays messed up Matt's office's meeting schedule, I'll need to pick Penny up after school and either bring her back here and hope I can squeeze a little work in between answering her constant stream of questions, or give up and go home, and either way, I really can't count on being able to work on my productivity.

Bleh. I just want a nap.

No comments: